October 23 – 27, 2017 is Western’s official Consent and Sexual Violence Awareness Week.
Members of Western’s Sexual Violence Prevention Education Committee have organized a variety of events and initiatives taking place across campus.
Some key events include:
- Let’s Taco ‘Bout It! on Tuesday, October 24: a discussion brought to you by Avova and PrideWestern about LGBTQ+ experiences of sexual violence and resiliency.
- Let’s Talk Porn with Dr. Annalise Trudell, Dr. Taylor Kohut & Dr. William Fisher on Tuesday, October 24. Many of the things you think you know about porn may not be true.
- Understanding Human Trafficking, a talk with Dr. Jacqui Linder on Wednesday, October 25.
- Take Back the Campus March against sexual violence on Thursday, October 26.
- Backpack to Briefcase on Friday, October 27 gives interested participants an opportunity to connect with local professionals in consent and sexual violence prevention education and front line support.
We look forward to seeing you at this week’s events and creating awareness through social media posts. Join the conversation on consent, use the hashtag #consentoncampus and follow @WellnessWestern on Twitter.
Thank you for taking a stand to end sexual violence!