Statistics Canada is now accepting applications for the position of Research Data Centre Analyst for people residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
- Administers the operation of the Research Data Centre (RDC) for its clients and ensures that the activity is consistent with Statistics Act. This includes activities such as assisting researchers with project preparation, administering RDC access (security checks and contracts), orientating new researchers into the RDC secure computing environment and liaising with the program management.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the secure computing environment by ensuring that physical, technical and legal requirements for the operation of an RDC are within standards used by Statistics Canada. This would include assigning tasks to local IT staff as required.
- Coordinates and participates in consultations, meetings, committees or working groups.
Provides consultation on research methods and data concepts to the RDC researchers in a client service oriented environment while fostering a culture of confidentiality.
- Analyzes all interim and final research outputs that leave RDC to ensure that they respect Statistics Canada’s confidentiality protection requirements.
- Maintains a liaison between the RDC network and Subject Matter Areas responsible for the Statistics Canada household surveys or administrative data.
- Participates in various program wide projects which include a range of activities, such as recommending, documenting, developing and providing advice based on areas of specialization such as confidentiality vetting, use of administrative data, and survey data concepts and methodology.
- May have to supervise local and/or branch staff.
Deadline to Apply: March 7, 2017